Saturday, June 25, 2011

Translucent Canes and Feather Canes

Hi!
I've been playing around with Donna Kato's feather cane tutorial (click on the title for a link!), and came up with a few fun ones! Unfortunately, I got so cane-happy that I didn't think of what I could do with them after they were made... But I've been working on that!

These are going to go on bobby pins, I think. Nice little hair baubles, no?


These are some other canes I made; just a simple black one, and the red one from the last picture, and the one that looks white is actually glow in the dark. Yes, I love my shiny things!


And a bracelet I tried to make; I used a translucent feather cane and a translucent spiral cane on top of a ripple blade cut pastel stack.

P.S. Artistic rut is happening! I've been trying to find interesting pictures to stimulate me, but to no avail. Anyone want to share what inspires you?

4 comments:

  1. These pieces are so unique! Perfect for hair baubles! Inspiration is such an odd thing. It seems to come randomly and can be from the strangest places! ~Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for shiny things! Gorgeous items.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've yet to try a feather cane; looks so complicated. Yours turned out perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! ^_^ Give them a shot! They're time consuming, but totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete