Sunday, January 9, 2011

Mellow...

School started on Friday, but tomorrow is the real start of my crazy semester! Bring it! >_< Sort of. I'm so mellow today. I guess that's what listening to Sigur Ros does to a person! I'm absolutely in love with "Kafari." It reminds me of the little water drops that fall in puddles after it stops raining; arhythmic, light, and almost nostalgic.

I finished making a really fun commission! This girl wanted me to do the TRON identity discs as earrings. At first, it was hard getting the shape of them right, but with a little help from a Chick-fil-A straw, they turned out awesome.


I also got to do a lot of research on types of findings, and it turns out there's a difference between gold-filled and gold plated. Filled has 50-100% more gold than plated does, so it's got a long, hypoallergenic life, but the cost is significantly less than pure gold studs. Handy info!

No comments:

Post a Comment