Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Books Galore!

So in preparation for my new shop, I've been reading many, many books, and I wanted to share with you some great titles! Many of these are considered children's books, but I feel like they still have special meaning and significance when read at any level of maturity.

My list this far since January!
Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
Cinderella Henry W. Hewet's version
The Book of Tea by Kakuzo Okakura
As You Like It by William Shakespeare (I know, it's a play, but still!)
Beauty and the Beast Unknown (but the beast is such a gentleman!)
Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
The Little Prince by Antoine du Saint-Exupery

I've included links to all these books on Amazon so you can read about them! Also, don't be fooled; many of these books have movies. The books are NOT like the movies. I always encourage people to read the book, view the movie, and find what's good about each as an individual art form. :)

Right now, I'm making my way through Verne's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (we've run aground in Torres Straits).

As intimated in my last post, I'm making jewelry designs (pendants and/or earrings) based on books. I don't have designs for all of them yet, but a good few! And I've decided I'm going to make smaller bookmark necklaces in white bronze, with the children's book themes.

Every time I switch books, I've been marveling at my bookshelf; it holds about fifty different worlds on it, and still stands strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment