Friday, July 23, 2010

Awesomeness afoot...

There is much busyness and awesomeness afoot! As I've been saying, I've been working to get my jewelry into a real brick and mortar store in Topsail Island, and that wonderful shop I mentioned in the last post did it! They got a bunch of my jewelry, YAY! This was a huge order for me. Since I'm used to doing one piece at a time, and doing a lot of experimentation, this was a completely different world. But successful! 31 pieces in 2 days, all of them tested and double checked to make sure they were good. ^_^

A friend of my parents also lent me two GORGEOUS sergers, and I bought myself a "My Double Delux" form because it was on sale. I can finally start with the clothing part of my ideas! And the costumes for my boyfriend and me for Dragon*Con.
My new work space! And epic magnifying lamp. ^_^


My dress form! and mannequin in the back. The mannequin has the core of my steampunk costume, and my dress form is all ready to make one of Inara Serra's glamorous dresses.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I can't wait to see the costumes you make for Dragon*Con!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome! I can't wait to see the clothing you'll make. Great workspace. You look pretty organized! My stuff is literally everywhere. I don't know what happened. I used to be so organized. Good luck with all the awesomeness! I hope you keep doing well :)

    ReplyDelete