Friday, July 9, 2010

Expansion!

I've officially expanded outside the world of jewelry! Not that I'm going to stop doing earrings and things, but it's fun to create other Stuff as well. This time, I'm making little creatures, starting with dragons.

This week, I made two little guys, a juvenile red and gold dragon, and a little baby, still halfway inside the egg.


He's made of a mix of pastel colored scraps I had as leftovers from my earrings I had been making, so he's a little green, a little yellow, a little purple, and a lot of blue.



I was finishing this little one up, and a friend of the family came by and saw him. She has a 10 yr old granddaughter, and she immediately wanted the dragon for her. So, he was sold even before he was finished baking! 

This is my larger dragon, named "Rand" by my boyfriend. (He's reading The Wheel of Time, and one of the main characters is Rand, the Dragon reborn, and his symbol is a red and gold dragon, so it fit perfectly.)
Rand is also my first experiment with Pearl Ex Pigments! His wings are coated in gold, and the rest of his body is just slightly dusted. He's a mix of red and yellow, with a solid purple belly and tail tip.



So there they are! The most recent members of the Stuff! Rand is already up on Etsy as well.

1 comment: