Monday, July 19, 2010

More news, more stuff, more naps

This has been a busy, busy week! I've been working at the art gallery, and that's normal, but extra things have been popping up all over. For example, my two violin teachers from high school dropped by the Gallery to ask if I wanted to play with their chamber orchestra next weekend. YES PLEASE! This is such a great group of people they have. So, in addition to working, making Stuff, and trying to work on Mal and Inara costumes (from Firefly) for D*C this year, I've picked up my violin and practiced.

I could tell you it stopped there, but I'd be lying! A friend of the family who knows Topsail Island very well convinced me to try and get my Stuff put in a shop on the Island. Unfortunately, we didn't quite think it through, and looked for places on a Sunday. However, we found the perfect place! I went back up this morning to meet the owner, and it's looking pretty good! I'm waiting to hear back from her tonight. Also, I'm scheduling a time to meet with a boutique in Wilmington on Thursday, and working on some Stuff for a shop downtown.

BUSY!

But this is my favorite for this week; a sculpture of otters. So cute, otters.
This one shows the otter's back and the environment with all the river rocks and wood and grasses.
This is their faces! The big one playing around the log, and the little one playing inside.
The back, with a little bit more environment stuff.
And there they are! 

1 comment:

  1. Cute otters! Wow, it's so detailed, and it kinda tells a story too. Cool! :)

    ReplyDelete